Hey now, it's been quite awhile. Right now, I'd like to talk about what could've been behind the fic's creation.
For the first team, while the roster has been lined up, I actually considered that Remi becomes the starting member as opposed to Sayaka, but I changed my mind about that. And in that case, in the words of TV Tropes (in which I will discuss later in my main blogs), she will become the Big Guy and the blue warrior spot would fall not to Youhei, but Akira (Blue Mask) from Maskman. Helps that Akira himself is the second-biggest plot-involved character in Maskman (thanks, Unas). But obviously, I changed my mind because by having Takeru/Red Mask from the second team could give out more symbolical parallels that the red warriors have the same name.
For the second team, this is the big one. At first, the only consistent character there is Takeru, Mei and Jiraiya. I actually considered Jasmine/Deka Yellow as the Yellow warrior as opposed to Chisato, because hey, what can I say, I like Jasmine, she's my fave Yellow warrior. As such, if Jasmine is in the team, then the Blue warrior spot goes to another person. I once considered Ayase/Time Blue, but changed my mind and decided to change it to Shun Namiki/Mega Blue at first. But then came to a realization... Jasmine, as much as awesome she is, works better when she's teamed up with Umeko. Most of her specials rely better when she's teamed with Umeko, starting from Twin Cam Angels, and even her role call, because Umeko's completes it. "The hideous evil in space..." "... will be exterminated quickly!" Imagine if I only stop at the first... it wouldn't make sense (as if Deka Yellow declares that she IS that "Hideous Evil In Space").
Thus, I decided that I got her replaced with a fellow Dekaranger, which I also happen to like a lot, Houji, thus getting on the Blue spot (plus, you know, Good English vs Engrish go!). And as of the Yellow spot, that gets taken to Chisato, who can fill on 'Big Guy' department.
That's the talk from me. Stay tuned, because I MAY put some spoileriffic information later.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment